Who Eats Who?

0

Posted by lucilletorridon | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on 23rd April 2020

Hello 2D

I hope that you have been having lots of fun becoming Super Scientists this week. Remember I want to hear all about your fantastic activities.

I have been doing a bit of tidying up in my garden. Do you know what I found?

Can you guess what these naughty creatures have been doing? They have been munching on my plants. They particularly enjoy eating fresh, young leaves so they made a tasty meal of my seedlings.

What do you think I should do? I don’t use any pesticides in my garden because they are bad for the soil and other wildlife. I know that hedgehogs like to eat slugs and snails. What else might like to eat them?

I think that some birds like to eat slugs and snails too. Can you remember what we call creatures that eat other creatures?

That’s right, they are carnivores. What kind of creatures are slugs and snails?

So, now I think I have to encourage more birds and hedgehogs into the garden. Perhaps you could do that to? You can find out all about it at:

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/gardening-for-wildlife/

www.hedgehogstreet.org

Why don’t you have a look?

FOOD CHAINS

So now we know that plants are eaten by slugs, and slugs are eaten by birds. This is called a food chain. Maybe you could make a food chain bookmark or a mobile. Can you make some other food chains?

Ocean Biome - Lessons - Tes TeachArt and design projects | Schools' Biodiversity ProjectFood Chains allows your class to have a hands-on experience learning the food chain for six different habitats.

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar